New Member FAQ
What do I need to know about the weekly meeting?
- Arrive by 6:45 am for Open Networking
- Bring 15 business cards for the business card box.
- Prepare your weekly 30-second commercials ahead of time.
- As a new member this week you will have 60 seconds.
- Create a tagline/memory hook and send to Sarah Grace to add to the roster.
- Secretary/Treasurer Mike Knuff will email you regarding monthly breakfast dues.
What if I can’t make it to a meeting?
- You are allowed 3 absences in a 6-month period
- Send a substitute in your place if you cannot make it to a meeting.
- Our group maintains its own sub list here: https://bni53.com/member-area/sub-list/
- Make sure and plan ahead when you know you are not going to be able to make an upcoming meeting
What’s the best way to get to know the other members?
- Start scheduling your One-to-Ones This is how we get to know our fellow BNI 53 members. One-to-One meetings are how the real business gets done in the group.
- Brian Murphy will add you to the BNI Chapter 53 Facebook Group, an active members-only private group for BNI 53 communication on announcements and our social events.
- Scott Rubin will reach out with instructions to set up your profile on bni53.com, Your password details for that site will be included in that email.
How do I Report my BNI activities?
- In BNI we track our results.
- We report Referrals and One-to-One Meetings via bniconnect.com. Marc Silverman or Todd Hallinger will email you with log-in details for this site.
- Download the BNI app via the App Store that you can use to enter referrals and report one-to-one meetings.
- BNI 53 reports Closed Business via green handwritten slips that are available at the meeting each week—NOT ONLINE.
Can I invite others to visit BNI 53?
- Start inviting guests! Your first few months of membership are the best time to bring new faces to BNI. Register all guests and subs each week through http://bit.ly/bni53visitor
- Remember, BNI 53 welcomes ALL GUESTS, whether or not you think they will ever join the group.
This feels like a lot…how will I manage it all?
- Bryan Winston will assign you a mentor. Your mentor is your go-to contact for all the questions that you will have in the first weeks and months of membership. Of course the leadership team and membership committee are also available to answer any of your questions.
- New members must attend the Member Success Program (MSP) within the first 60 days of membership. Once set up on BNI Connect, please register for an MSP Training here http://manhattanbni.com/en-US/events
- Barry Cooper will order a BNI New Member Kit for that includes name badge and other important information.